Who can use the ICS Workshop?
The ICS workshop service is available to all University of KwaZulu-Natal staff.
The following services are offered to UKZN Staff’s PCs/Laptops with a University Asset Number:
- Installation of all ICS supported software on PCs/laptops
- Re-imaging of PCs/Laptops
- Reloading of Operating system on laptops
- Configuration of UKZN Wi-Fi and email on mobile devices
- Hardware and software fault diagnostics
The following services are offered to UKZN Staff’s Private PCs/Laptops:
- Configuring of UKZN Wi-Fi
- Installation of Microsoft Office Suite/Office365
- Installation and configuring of VPN client
UKZN staff can bring their laptop or desktop and all appropriate software to the ICS workshop during normal business hours. As a precautionary measure, users are requested to back up their data, whenever possible, prior to bringing in a computer for repair/installation. The workshop operates on a first-come, first-serve basis. On arrival, users will be asked to fill in a job acceptance form.
The ICS workshop is located on the four main campuses:
Main Tutorial Building
Hours of Operation
Open between 08H00 and 16H30, Monday to Friday