The Academic Computing Section provides support in the use of technology in teaching, learning and research. It also facilitates and supports Research. Whilst a big part of Academic Computing is to license & support Academic Software, there is a huge support factor to University Staff & Students.
- Educational Theory – application & interpretation of education and learning. It is an umbrella term providing an explanation of how we learn & how we should teach
- Research Services – Engagement with the Academic community to provide support in their Research process
- Course Content & Delivery – Supporting & training on the use of Academic Software
- Supporting the Similarity Detection Software, e.g. Turn-it-in
- Academic Support & Training
- Podcasting (lecture recording)
- Postgraduate Support on the use of Academic Software, e.g. SPSS, NVivo, etc.
- Academic Software licensing
- High Performance Computing – On-site Technician
- Support of the Clicker software
- Support of LimeSurvey – The University’s choice for questionnaires
- Support of Open Access – Open Journal System