- When to call RO for help
- All Publication-related queries, including PU scores.
- If you have a problem with an ethical clearance application. (Check with your School Postgraduate Administrator first).
- To arrange for group training for staff in your School.
- If you are unsure where to direct your RIG system related query to.
- If you require a Journal to be added to the Journals list.
- If you cannot find a staff member or student in the system when searching.
The Research Office has put in place a dedicated email address and telephone number for help with the submission of Ethical Clearance applications in the RIG system.
- E-mail: RIGEthicsHelp@ukzn.ac.za
- Phone: +27 31 260 7031
- Ethics Administrators contact details:
For help with RIG Ethics Application queries and other Ethics-related queries,
find the relevant contact details at the Research Office Ethics Website located here.
- Publications Administrators contact details (for publication related queries):
Research Office Govan Mbeki Centre Westville Campus Open between 08H00 and 16H30, Monday to Friday Tel: +27 (31) 260 7224 (for CHUM & CLMS) Tel: +27 (31) 260 2031 (for CHS & CAES) Email: email@example.com
Information & Communication Services (ICS)
- When to call ICS for help
- If you have forgotten your password or it has expired.
- If your username and password is correct but you still cannot login.
- ICS contact details
Open between 07H30 and 16H30, Monday to Friday. Tel: +27 (31) 260 4000 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – for staff support E-mail: email@example.com – for student support or visit https://ics.ukzn.ac.za/contact-us/ for walk-in centre details.
- When to call Library for help (Publications queries only)
Subject Librarians may be contacted for ORCID related information. Researchers may also receive assistance with basic usage of the RIG system.
ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized. It is important for a researcher to create an ORCID ID.
- Subject Librarians contact details